Code Enforcement Officer, City of Lake City
Position Category: Code Enforcement
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some weekend work
- Performs a variety of field and office work in support of the city's local code enforcement program; enforces compliance with city regulations and ordinances including those pertaining to zoning, land use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety, blight, graffiti, water waste and other matters of public concern
- Receives and responds to complaints of the city code violations and investigates possible infractions and conducts site visits to determine validity of complaints or to enforce codes
- Conducts field investigations; inspects properties for violations; contacts the resident or business in order to resolve violations; issues and posts warning notices, notices of violation, corrective notices, orders to comply and related documentation for code violations; and schedules and performs all follow-up functions to gain compliance
- High school diploma or GED with one year of experience in construction, customer service, code enforcement or related field or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license and possess and maintain additional certifications, including sworn class III law enforcement officer, plans examiner and combination inspector
- Must be able to operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheets applications
How to apply: To obtain an application, visit www.lakecitysc.gov. Submit application and resume to email@example.com. Applications may also be returned in person to the human resources department at 202 Kelley Street, Lake City, SC 29560.
Deadline: February 23
The City of Lake City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.