Fire Chief, City of Tega Cay
Position Category: Fire
Position: Full-time position, Monday through Friday
- Supervises department employees; instructs, assigns and reviews work; maintains standards; and acts on employee problems, disciplines, selects new employees, appraises employee performance and recommends promotions and salary increases
- Forecasts and plans for current and future budget needs to include capital, general, operating and community needs
- Directs and supervises the conduct of mitigation activities at emergency scenes to include technical rescues, fire suppression, hazardous materials response, investigations and others
- Bachelor's degree in fire science or fire administration with 10 years of experience is
Preferred or candidates may also possess an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Must be currently certified as firefighter II and have successfully completed fire officer 1 certification and must possess a valid SC driver's license
- Candidates may be required to possess additional certification(s) as deemed necessary by the city manager
Pay info: $67,075 – $93,904 annually, with an excellent benefits package
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to apply, visit www.tegacaysc.org.
Deadline: Until filled
The City of Tega Cay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.