Position Category: Misc.
- Provides accounting services, timely financial reporting, and other professional duties for the SC Municipal Insurance Trust, the SC Municipal Insurance and Risk Financing Fund, and the SC Other Retirement Benefits Employer Trust programs; assists independent auditors and actuaries by providing information and documentation; assists in the implementation of recommended changes to the accounting system; assists with annual financial statement audits and preparation of draft audited financial statements; assists with preparation of annual budgets; and provides monthly departmental budget reporting
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for internal control; analyzes and interprets new accounting pronouncements; prepares regulatory filings; and monitors investments and reconciles bank accounts on a daily basis
- Administers Risk Management Services grant programs to further assist members in establishing effective risk management and safety programs within their organizations, including identifying eligible recipients, tracking expenditures and preparing related reports as required by granting agencies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a closely related field; two years of experience in the field of accounting is preferred; experience with internal controls and financial reporting are desirable
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Public sector knowledge/experience is preferred
Pay info: Competitive salary based on qualifications with an excellent benefits package, including South Carolina State Retirement and insurance
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Municipal Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit www.masc.sc.