Position hours: Full-time position, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Conducts research to facilitate departmental operations, locates parcel data, gathers information for court cases, and conducts ordinance reviews and permit research
- Responds to and investigates alleged violations of state laws, town ordinances and codes related to public health nuisances
- Performs follow-up inspections to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and prioritizes work schedule
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of five years of construction experience and/or a combination of education and experience
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking skills highly desirable but not required
- Will be required to obtain one International Code Council residential building inspector and property maintenance and housing inspector certifications within one year of employment
Pay info: Dependent on experience
How to apply: For a complete job description and application, visit www.kiawahisland.org/latest-news. Send application and resume to Bruce Spicher, Development Services Manager, 4475 Betsy Kerrison Pkwy, Kiawah Island, SC 29455 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline: March 15
Town of Kiawah Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.