Position hours: Full-time position, rotating shifts including some weekends and holidays
- Performs the necessary adjustments, maintenance, and testing to ensure that the water treatment plant produces and adequate quality and quantity of water for its service area
- Collaborates with team members on other projects and in the development of procedures and transfer of knowledge regarding water quality systems within a cutting-edge water treatment plant
- Applies competent application of plant systems, and monitors and adjusts flow rates and chemical dosages to maintain the necessary amount and quality of water to meet customer demand and fire protection
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with three to four years of experience in water plant operations; bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or similar field is highly desirable
- Must be able to pass certification to "D" level operator with in first year of employment, if not currently certified
- Must be able to operate the plant under any conditions due to loss of automatic control or other emergency or nonroutine situations
Pay info: $29,660 – $50,648 annually
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to download an application, visit www.cityofnewberry.com/careers. Submit application to email@example.com or fax to 803.321.2609 attention Human Resources. Application may be mailed to City of Newberry, Human Resources, PO Box 538, Newberry, South Carolina 29108.
Deadline: February 28
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.