Position hours: Full-time position, 12-hour shifts
- Enforces the laws of the state of South Carolina, municipal codes of the town and federal laws as they apply; patrols streets, parks, and commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace and enforce the law; and builds trusts with residents and businesses
- Responds to calls for service and reports findings; takes appropriate actions to resolve issues; patrols assigned area; assists with crime scene security and processing; conducts follow-up investigations; and supports prosecution of criminal cases
- Makes court appearances: serves warrants and subpoenas; processes items into property and evidence; and performs all other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age; possess a high school diploma; a valid SC driver's license; and must successfully complete a background investigation, psychological test, and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be certified through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy as a Class 1 officer, or have the ability to obtain certification
- Must be able to deal firmly, tactfully and courteously with the public, and have the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
Pay info: $29,000 – $33,000 annually
How to apply: Applications are available at Pacolet Town Hall located at 180 Montgomery Ave., Pacolet, SC 29372 or the Pacolet Police Department located at 110 Sunset Drive, Pacolet, SC 29372.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Pacolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.