Parks Director, City of Walterboro
Position Category: Parks/Recreation
Position hours: Full-time position, Monday through Friday
- Administers and supervises the activities and personnel of the parks maintenance and grounds staff; instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others; acts on employee issues; processes Workers Compensation claims; recommends new hires, transfers, promotions, demotions and terminations; and issues corrective actions and completes employee performance appraisals
- Establishes maintenance plans and projects to ensure that park facilities are in proper condition, including five neighborhood parks, the Forest Hills Tennis Center, the Walterboro Wildlife Sanctuary, green spaces, landscaped medians and landscaped interchanges on I-95
- Acquires all equipment and supplies needed to complete assignments for the department; oversees the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems; coordinates work with contractors, utility agencies, vendors, and engineers; supervises department construction projects and equipment maintenance and repair operations; establishes and implements a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools and vehicles; ensures maintenance and cleanliness of equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas and chemical and fertilizer storage areas; and ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, Occupational Safety Health Administration, EPA and Clemson extension rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employees safety and general public safety
- Bachelor's degree in turf grass management, horticulture or agriculture preferred and/or five years of related work experience; five years of experience performing maintenance or landscaping to include at least one year in supervision
- ISA certified arborist preferred, valid South Carolina pesticide applicators license and a valid South Carolina driver's license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Pay info: $49,244 – $55,648 annually, dependent on qualifications
How to apply: For a detailed job description and application, visit www.walterborosc.org. Submit completed application and resume to Angela Roberson, HR Specialist, City of Walterboro, 300 Hampton St., Walterboro, SC 29488.
Deadline: July 13
The City of Walterboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.