Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional after hour duties
- Assists victims in completing impact statements, applying for victim's compensation and preparing for court testimony; and compiles victim case files, records and dispositions for city courts or transfers to general sessions court
- Responds to the needs of victims of crime through support, advocacy services, and crisis intervention; ensures that victims and witnesses' Bill of Rights are protected and that they receive professional services consistent with their importance and role in criminal cases
- Maintains literature containing information that advises the community of victim assistance services that are available; and other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Already have or obtain South Carolina Victim's Advocate certification within allotted time frame
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to use case management software
- Must be 21 years of age and successfully pass pre-employment background and drug screens
Pay info: $31,000 – $33,500 annually dependent on qualifications
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to obtain an application, visit www.ridgelandsc.gov/job. Mail application and resume to Frank Mador, Operations Commander, PO Box 1719, Ridgeland, SC 29936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: July 15
The Town of Ridgeland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability or facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.