Finance Director, City of Lake City
Position Category: Finance
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional nights and weekends
- Plans, organizes and directs all programs and day-to-day activities of the financial operation; oversees accounts payable, business licenses and general accounting, including month-end and year-end close processes; supervises the finance department staff and assigns workloads; and serves as business license officer for the city
- Maintains effective controls of the city chart of accounts; coordinates monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; monitors monthly financial statement activity for accuracy and timelines; coordinates monthly general ledger close process; and ensures accuracy of cash management, investments, general ledger and all payment obligations
- Assists in the development of the annual budget, coordinates with departments in developing revenue and expenditure forecasts; assists external auditors for conformance with general accepted accounting principles; and prepares financial reports as needed for the mayor, council and department supervisors
- Bachelor's degree in general business accounting with five or more years of experience in governmental accounting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the require skills, knowledge and abilities to perform job functions
- Eligible to be bonded
How to apply: To obtain an application, visit www.lakecitysc.com/living-here/city-government/open-positions/. Submit application and resume to email@example.com or call 843.374.5421 extension 203.
Deadline: June 27
The City of Lake City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.