Vice President of Innovation, Town of Bluffton - Don Ryan Center for Innovation
Position Category: Community/Economic Development
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Friday
- Leads Bluffton's innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives to foster and develop a culture thriving on investment in the local and regional economy; markets Bluffton as the leader and preferred destination for innovation, entrepreneurship and related growth; and contributes with programming an approved state-of-the-art facility (the HUB which will be the nucleus for all local and regional economic innovation and economic action) to house Bluffton's innovation and economic development efforts
- Coaches and mentors entrepreneurs while working with key community partners to help develop entrepreneurial culture in the region; ensures the success of the Don Ryan Center's commitment to supporting economic development by facilitating entrepreneurship development; reports directly to the Don Ryan Center Chief Executive Officer; and collaborates with the board of directors, mentors, organizational partners, businesses and the Town of Bluffton in executing the strategic plan
- Evaluates local resources, needs, goals, and opportunities to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Bluffton region, and hands-on involvement with the HUB and Don Ryan Center membership
- Bachelors degree from four-year accredited college or university
- Experience in the private sector with a start-up or small business organization; acceptable academic or work-related experience in a high tech industry, with experience with a start-up technology firm; a minimum of five years of experience in supporting and growing organizations to meet market needs; an equivalent combination of education, experience, and appropriate training may be considered
- Innovation certification or International Economic Development Council Certified Economic Developer designation preferred
Pay info: Salary is negotiable based upon experience
How to apply: For a full job description and application, visit the Town of Bluffton's website at www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/human-resources-department/home.
The Town of Bluffton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.