GIS Administrator, City of Aiken
Position Category: Planning, GIS
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with some evening work
- Plans, directs and participates in the acquisition, installation, administration and operation of city public works geographic information system; coordinates, trains and instructs staff in the operation of public works GIS; and performs GIS data capturing, data conversion and data-entry work using ESRI ArcGIS desktop software
- Maintains integrity of database using quality control procedures; designs and produces GIS maps for city website; inputs information into GIS from as-built plans and information from field personnel; designs, creates and updates GIS database and layers using hard copy maps and digital data conversion; uses surveys and GPS; and generates a variety of specific, presentation-quality maps for meetings and reports
- Produces system atlas maps; coordinates GIS with other city staff and public and private agencies as needed; serves as project lead for public works GIS; and troubleshoots GIS network and application problems
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, computer science or similar field of study with emphasis on GIS and a minimum of two years of experience with Enterprise GIS technology
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS software and asset management
- Certified Geographic Information System Professional preferred
Pay info: $26.75/hr with benefits
How to apply: Apply online at www.cityofaikensc.gov or at SC Works, 1571 Richland Avenue East, Aiken, SC 29801.
Deadline: June 29
The City of Aiken is drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.