Position hours: Full-time position, 12-hour rotating shifts (required)
- Performs police patrol duties and investigations
- Enforces traffic regulations
- Performs related law enforcement activities
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent; and the ability to complete the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver's license (or ability to obtain one)
- Ability to pass a background check
Pay info: Patrol salary ranges from $31,523 - $39,404 annually based on qualifications and applicable certifications. Excellent benefit package includes paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid holidays, overtime, PTO accrual, Police Retirement enrollment, take home vehicle options and more.
How to apply: Application forms are available at Gaffney City Hall, Second Floor, 201 N. Limestone St., Gaffney, SC 29340 or online at www.getintogaffney.com/employment-opportunities. Applications must be fully completed and submitted by Friday, July 6 at 5 p.m. to the address noted above. Applications may be mailed to PO Box 2109, Gaffney, SC 29342. Written and physical evaluations will be conducted Wednesday, July 11, at 10 a.m. in the Gaffney Police Department lobby located at the address above. Dress appropriate for physical fitness testing.
Deadline: July 6
The City of Gaffney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.