Position hours: Full-time position, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with rotating weekend schedule and on call 24/7 for after hour emergencies
- Oversees daily operations and reporting of water distribution systems and wastewater collection and treatment systems
- Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates department employees; inspects equipment to determine need for repair or upgrade; keeps time records; prepares and submits reports; and estimates and orders materials and supplies
- Inspects and monitors performance of contractors; enforces town ordinances and safety regulations; participates in budget preparation; and assists manager in developing standard operating procedures
- Requires a valid South Carolina driver's license, high school diploma, South Carolina Class B Biological Wastewater Treatment license, South Carolina Class B Wastewater Distribution license and a South Carolina Class B Water Treatment license (South Carolina Class B Wastewater Collection System Certification a plus)
- Six years of progressive experience performing duties in the operation and maintenance of an activated sludge wastewater treatment facility, sewer collection system and water distribution system of similar size and four years of progressive experience supervising operators in the water and wastewater field
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to give and receive clear written and verbal instructions; communicate effectively with staff, regulatory agencies, residents, contractors and other departments; proficient with Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word and Outlook and supervisory control and acquisition monitoring software; knowledge of GIS is a plus; read and interpret blueprints; and demonstrate the ability to draw plant staff into decision-making processes by the use of a collaborative approach to management
Pay info: Dependent on qualifications
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to download an application, visit www.sullivansisland-sc.com/employment. Submit completed application and resume to Greg Gress at PO Box 427 (2056 Middle Street), Sullivan's Island, SC 29482, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will not be considered until a completed application has been received.
Deadline: May 31
The Town of Sullivan's Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.