- Manages and operates the fire department, including supervising staff and volunteers and directing in-service training; and ensures firefighters maintain certification and receive necessary training
- Responds to alarms and serves as incident commander at the scene of major emergencies
- Supervises and coordinates the presentation of the annual budget; controls the expenditures of departmental appropriations; and evaluates, plans and reviews specifications for the purchase and replacement of supplies and equipment
- Associate degree in fire science, public administration or closely related field; must be a Certified State Fire Marshall; must have ten years of experience in fire service, with three years in a supervisory role
- Must have a valid S.C. commercial driver's license or the ability to obtain one
- Completion of the Fire Basic Training Academy or combination of experience and education
How to apply: Submit cover letter, resume and references to Mayor Dan Alexander, PO Box 4773, Seneca, SC 29679.
Deadline: Open until filled
The City of Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.