Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Friday
- Advises town staff on local, state and federal government procurement regulations and other applicable rules and requirements and assures best practices and good public policy standards are met
- Advises town staff on financial, organizational and policy implications of proposed initiatives, projects and legislation; participates in town meetings; and makes recommendations and formulates options and processes to implement new policies and programs in a fiscally responsible manner
- Prepares and reviews contractual agreements for legal and financial responsibilities of the town; assists in writing specifications for supplies, services and equipment requiring formal bids and solicitations; analyzes purchasing contracts and agreements and interprets terms and conditions; manages the contract process from inception to execution and ensures all legal documents are fully and properly executed and filed; monitors all contracts and agreements to ensure critical dates are met and there is no unnecessary risk exposure to the company; tracks contract and agreement renewals and expirations; advises town staff of upcoming renewals and terminations in a timely fashion; and prepares renewal documents as required
- Three to five years of purchasing and contract experience in the public sector and experience with enterprise purchasing systems and contract management software
- Certified Public Procurement Officer, Certified Professional Public Buyer or Certified Professional in Supply Management is desirable
- Bachelor's degree is required (master's degree is preferred)
Pay info: Salary is negotiable based upon experience
How to apply: For a full job description and application, visit the Town of Bluffton's website at www.townofbluffton.sc.gov.
The Town of Bluffton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.