Part-time GIS Analyst, Town of Bluffton
Position Category: Planning, GIS
Position hours: Part-time position
- Manages geographic information system data that supports information technology GIS operations, potentially including data collection, analyzing and maintenance of all GIS functions
- Assigns addresses at the final development phase; updates the town's GIS addresses and street centerlines; and notifies various entities of new addresses and street names
- Creates maps and graphic products as assigned for ITGIS and supports GIS needs for other departments as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, information technology or closely related field; a minimum of five years of experience in operating, maintaining and implementing automated mapping and/or GIS systems; or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work (experience may substitute for academic time)
- Maintains a broad knowledge of ESRI/ArcGIS software, personal computers, small and large format printers and plotters, Windows applications, and Microsoft Office products and must have extensive experience with relational database schemes, analysis and manipulation
- Must be able to analyze maps, codes and legal descriptions and make appropriate judgments; must possess the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the GIS manager, town management, personnel, area businesses, property owner associations, homeowners, contractors, architects, engineers, developers and the general public; and must have the ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using technical and nontechnical language
Pay info: Salary is negotiable depending on experience
How to apply: For a full job description and application instructions, visit www.townofbluffton.sc.gov.
The Town of Bluffton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.