Code Enforcement Official, Town of Surfside Beach
Position Category: Community/Economic Development
- Performs a variety of field and office work in support of the town's local code enforcement program and enforces compliance with town ordinances and state and federal regulations, including those pertaining to zoning, flood, land use, building, general nuisance, health and safety, right of way encroachment, and other matters of public concern with impartiality and efficiency
- Conducts field investigations, inspects properties for violations and attempts to make contact at the residence or business in order to resolve violations; issues and posts warning notices, notices of violation, corrective notices, orders to comply and related documentation for code violations; schedules and performs all follow-up functions to gain compliance including letters, inspections, calls, meetings, discussions and negotiations to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances; and issues citations and notices of violation as necessary
- Interprets and applies applicable codes, ordinances, laws and regulations pertaining to zoning, nuisance abatement, property maintenance, building, health and safety, and right of way encroachments and performs residential inspections when the building official is unavailable or needs assistance
- A minimum of two years of experience involving a high level of public contact including some experience dealing with the public in an enforcement, inspection, investigation or customer service capacity and experience that includes the enforcement of municipal codes is highly desirable
- Must possess a Residential Combination Inspector certificate from the International Code Council or obtain the certification within one year of hire date
Pay info: $32,305 – $45,980 annually
How to apply: Visit www.surfsidebeach.org to complete the online application and attach resume. You may also submit application with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Surfside Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.