Deputy Zoning Administrator, City of Columbia
Position Category: Planning, GIS
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some evening meetings
- Assists in the administration of programs and operations of the zoning division of the planning and development services department and ensures division compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Interprets, administers and enforces all adopted regulatory codes and ordinances pertaining to zoning and meets with engineers, contractors, developers, property owners and others to discuss zoning issues
- Oversees zoning enforcement processes, including site plan review, subdivision review, variation requests, special exception requests, administrative appeals, annexations and encroachments
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, geography, law, landscape architecture, social science or a closely related field and four years of relevant prior experience
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Class "D" driver's license
Pay info: $44,964.19 annually
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply, visit columbiasc.gov/hr/employment. Submit job application, resume and references in the online application process.
The City of Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, compensate, train, transfer, promote and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.