Position hours: Full-time position, shift hours
- Performs general duty police work in an effort to protect life and property of Newberry residents through the enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Patrols the city, conducts investigations, prepares various reports and cases for court and assists residents in an attempt to protect life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Must pass an entry-level written exam, physical strength and agility test, pre-employment drug screen and background investigation to include a clear criminal record
- Must have one to two years of community policing experience; an associate degree in criminal justice or other relevant field is preferred; and successfully completed (or demonstrate aptitude and ability to complete) required courses and certifications and may be required to possess additional certifications as deemed necessary by the city
- Eligible to receive up to a $5,000 bonus after hired if certified through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
Pay info: $41,492 annually depending on experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to download an application, visit www.cityofnewberry.com/careers. Submit application to email@example.com or fax to 803.321.2609.
Deadline: June 8
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.