Firefighter, Town of Fort Mill
Position Category: Fire
- Responds to requests for emergency assistance, station duties and fire prevention duties, and performs search and rescue tasks to accomplish life safety objectives
- Performs fire suppression tasks or other related activities to accomplish incident stabilization objectives established by the incident commander
- Performs salvage and overhaul tasks to accomplish property conservation objectives established by the incident commander; operates fire department passenger-style vehicles in a nonpriority response mode; and operates and maintains firefighting hand tools and power equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by training in fire service programs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities; must complete required coursework and maintain required certifications as issued by the S.C. Fire Academy and S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control; and must possess a valid S.C. driver's license or other state equivalent driver's license for the operation of the vehicles in this job description
- Preferred courses and certifications include National Fire Protection Firefighter I, National Fire Protection Firefighter II, American Heart CPR, National Registry Emergency Medical Technician and South Carolina Emergency Medical Technician, flammable liquids and gas firefighting, hazardous material awareness, Hazardous Material Operation I-100 and I-700, basic auto extrication, National Incident Management System, Incident Command System and Technical Rescue (all equivalent certifications (i.e. The International Fire Service Accreditation Congress, Pro-Board) and South Carolina Fire Academy granted equivalencies will be considered to suffice these requirements; out of state training or college courses not considered by the South Carolina Fire Academy will be given equivalency as determined by the fire chief)
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered for any training and experience requirements
Pay info: Dependent on qualifications
How to apply: Application are available online at www.fortmillsc.gov. Submit a job application, current resume and copy of related certificates by hand or mail to Fort Mill Fire Department, Attn: Fire Chief Chipper Wilkerson, 121 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill, SC 29715.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.