Fats Oils and Grease Program Coordinator, City of Columbia
Position Category: Utilities
Position hours: Full-time position
- Ensures department compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations;implements and oversees the daily management of the commercial and residential Fats Oils and Grease program; supervises FOG inspectors and appropriate staff; ensures proper use of FOG inspection and reporting software for maintaining food service establishments registrations, inspections and other pertinent records; provides FOG registration information to prospective users and renewing participants; maintains and updates food service establishments registration databases; and reviews and prepares for approval by all food service establishments registrations, prior to submitting to wastewater compliance manager
- Inspects food service establishments annually to ensure conformity with FOG regulations, policies and ordinances to determines changes in production that might cause change in discharge parameters; performs and/or oversees inspection, sampling and analysis of regulated food service establishments and other FOG contributors; notifies wastewater compliance manager of actions required to correct deficiencies resulting from inspections and sampling analysis; investigates and reports on customer complaints and other abnormal circumstances and situations involving suspected FOG abnormalities; and issues notices of violation for noncompliance with the FOG program and takes other actions specified in the city ordinance and enforcement response plan as appropriate
- Coordinates and tracks outreach and education efforts for both residential and commercial customers; participants in annual budget preparation; assumes duties and responsibilities temporarily in the absence of the wastewater compliance manager; receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility; performs general administrative and clerical work as required, including but not limited to, preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, and conducting and attending meetings; attends training, conferences, seminars and meetings to maintain awareness of changing trends and legislation in the field of community planning and development; and performs other related duties as assigned
- Associate degree in engineering technology or closely related field; must possess or be able to obtain Level "A" Wastewater Collection System Operator license within a specified time from date of hire or promotion; four years of relevant prior experience; a valid South Carolina Class "D" driver's license; and the ability to repair medium equipment and machinery, such as vehicles or commercial mowers
- Knowledge of personal computer equipment with skill in the use of Microsoft Office; must have the ability to handle or use machines, tools and equipment, such as computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones or similar equipment; may service office machines, including adding paper and changing toner; must have the ability to use advanced technical, scientific, legal or mathematical concepts; implement specific policies, programs or initiatives of the organization; resolve problems, determining the issue and creating an individual solution; and supervise and coordinate employees to ensure program goals are met
- The work is considered heavy in nature and involves walking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, and constantly lifting, pushing or raising objects, exerting between 35 to 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis and 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis; must have the physical ability to perform the essential job functions of balancing, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity and walking; work environment may involve exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights, toxic/caustic chemicals and/or confined spaces; and requires a dynamic that has sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities and needs
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply, visit www.columbiasc.net/hr/employment. Submit job application, resume and references in the online application process.
Deadline: May 31
The City of Columbia has the right to revise this position description at any time and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.