Road Maintenance Technician 2, Town of Lexington
Position Category: Public Works
Position hours: Full-time position, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., with occasional work after hours
- Reports directly to the streets maintenance foreman; provides direction, establishes priorities, assigns tasks, and coordinates work projects and the work of other personnel in the absence of the foreman; and performs tasks associated with the maintenance of streets, drainage systems, sidewalks and traffic signs for the transportation department
- Demonstrates proficient use of standard road maintenance equipment and road work safety measures and demonstrates familiarity with construction standards and maintenance practice
- Performs manual labor in all types of outside weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by a minimum of five years of experience maintaining roadway pavement, signage and drainage systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license and currently have (or have the ability to obtain) a commercial driver's license within six months
- Ability to operate a microcomputer and basic software is a plus
Pay info: $38,061 annually
How to apply: For a full job description and to download an application, visit www.lexsc.com/jobs. Email resume, cover letter, references and completed application to Laura Haney at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person to Lexington Municipal Complex, 111 Maiden Lane, Lexington, SC 29072.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.