City Manager, City of Cayce
Position Category: Administration
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the city; evaluates the effectiveness of city services; investigates and analyzes issues and opportunities; formulates strategies for the resolution of emerging issues; manages all personnel and handles personnel issues that may arise; and makes recommendations to council for the improvement of city services, operations, ordinances and processes
- Represents the city both internally and externally at community function events, presentations, committees and professional group meetings and manages all city-wide functions, such as development of budgets, revenue and budget analysis, policies and regulations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside organizations; represents the city to local groups, public gatherings and special events; and reports to the mayor and council
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, human resources, business management or closely related field is required (master's degree preferred) and a minimum of five years of previous executive-level experience administering a city, county or state agency of similar size and complexity
- Communication (verbal and written) skills, personnel management, negotiating techniques, financial analysis, marketing strategies and fully developed time management routines are needed to successfully meet basic job demands
- International City-County Management Association Credentialed Manager certification preferred or the ability and willingness to attain certification within two years
Pay info: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
How to apply: For a complete job description and list of qualifications and to download an application, visit www.cityofcayce-sc.gov/employment.asp.
The City of Cayce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.