Residential/Commercial Plan Reviewer, Town of Fort Mill
Position Category: Code Enforcement
- Performs duties related to the examination of building plans and related documents of industrial, commercial and residential structures submitted to the town for compliance with applicable codes
- Reads and interprets complex building plans, specifications and building codes; applies technical knowledge and proper plan review techniques to perform plan reviews; and detects deviations from plans, regulations and code requirements
- Communicates and works collaboratively with staff, the public, businesses, contractors and others contacted in the course of work
- Requires an associate degree in planning and development, business administration, public administration, engineering, building construction or related field; five years of experience in architecture, engineering, inspecting, and/or working as a contractor or superintendent of construction; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess and maintain current International Code Council Building Plans Examiner and Residential Plans Examiner certifications and a valid state driver's license
- Computer and wireless device skills are required and a sense of familiarity should be displayed
Pay info: Dependent on qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.fortmillsc.gov. Send completed application to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.