Position hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, generally
- Prepares grant documentation, processes grants within established polices, monitors daily grant project activities and implements awarded grant budgets in accounting system
- Assists with developing grant resources, researches funding sources, writes proposals for various city departments, and assists with review of city contracts for compliance with federal, state and local agency grant policies
- Prepares letters and documents for extensions of existing grants and requirements for additional funds; and prepares reports as needed on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university in accounting, finance, business, English, public administration or a closely-related field
- Two years of progressively responsible grants administration work, preferably with local government experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Must possess a valid S.C. driver's license
Pay info: $43,996.09 annually or higher depending on qualifications with excellent benefits package including 13 holidays and participation in the State Retirement System, the S.C. Deferred Compensation Plan, and the State Health Plan with the employee's health and basic dental insurance premiums paid by the city
How to apply: For a complete job description and employment application, visit www.westcolumbiasc.gov. Applications are also available at the customer service counter in West Columbia City Hall, 200 North 12th Street, West Columbia, SC 29169. Mail completed, signed applications to Mardi Valentino, Director of Human Resources, PO Box 4044, West Columbia, SC 29171-4044 or fax to 803.939.8634.
Deadline: Open until filled.
The City of West Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The city does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.