Community Code Enforcement Officer, Town of Bluffton
Position Category: Code Enforcement
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Friday
- Serves as a resource and provides information on town regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, the general public, and other town departments and divisions
- Performs a variety of field and office work in support of the town's local code enforcement program; and enforces compliance with town regulations and ordinances including zoning, land use, business licensing, building codes, health and safety, stormwater and other matters of public concern
- Investigates and responds to complaints from property owners and others concerning complaints of code violations; interviews complainants and property owners to determine if complaint is valid; notifies owner of violation and encourages compliance; and interacts with complainant to encourage testifying before enforcement boards as necessary
- Associate degree in criminal justice or public administration or three or more years of law enforcement experience; experience commensurate with position may be substituted for education
- Knowledge of operations, services, and activities of a municipal code compliance program, including legal actions, methods, practices and procedures; some knowledge of the geography of the town and location of important buildings; some knowledge of interpretation and enforcement of municipal codes, local, state and federal regulations
- Possession of a valid South Carolina driver's license
Pay info: Dependent on experience
How to apply: For a full job description and application instructions, visit www.townofbluffton.sc.gov.
The Town of Bluffton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.