Position hours: Rotating 12-hour shifts from 7 a.m./p.m. to 7 p.m./a.m. including weekends and holidays
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps and valves to regulate flow of raw water treatment facility and operates and maintains SCADA System
- Monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure, water elevation and the distribution of water; and performs various water sample tests
- Prepares various records and reports including flow charts, filter backwash charts, turbidity charts, bacteria records, dosage charts, and calibration records; and maintains such records and reports as directed by S.C. DHEC
- Vocational or technical school with education and training in water treatment plant operations
- One year of experience in water treatment operations and certification as a water treatment plant "Operator A"
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Pay info: $42,390.08 annually or higher depending on qualifications with excellent benefits package including 13 holidays and participation in the state retirement system, the S.C. deferred compensation plan, and the state health plan with the employee's health and basic dental insurance premiums paid by the city
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.westcolumbiasc.gov and at the customer service counter in the West Columbia City Hall, 200 N. 12th Street, West Columbia, SC 29169. Completed applications may be mailed to Mardi Valentino, Director of Human Resources, PO Box 4044, West Columbia, SC 29171-4044, faxed to 803.939.8634 or emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until filled.
The City of West Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The city does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.