Position hours: Full-time position, Monday through Friday
- Performs administrative and supervisory work in overseeing the public works department
- Ensures that refuse, recyclables and yard trash are collected; and other sanitation related duties are completed
- Ensures that all town grounds, parks and medians are maintained; and that all equipment is kept in good working order
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by four to five years of experience in public works operations or management or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid S.C. driver's license and Class B commercial driver's license or the ability to obtain a Class B commercial driver's license within 6 months of hire
- Experience in trade work is preferred; may be required to obtain a pesticide license and a certified erosion prevention and sediment control inspector certification within one year of hire
How to apply: Applications are available at www.springdalesc.com/documents-and-forms and at Town Hall located at 2915 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29170. Submit completed and signed application via mail to Kevin Cornett at the address above.
The Town of Springdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The town does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.