Stormwater Engineer, Town of Bluffton
Position Category: Engineering
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Fridays
- Performs technical development plan reviews and inspections to ensure compliance with town, state and federal stormwater regulations and guidelines; provides administrative support to coordinate certificates of construction compliance; and manages financial assurances for development
- Supports other program areas of the town's national pollutant discharge elimination system permit and municipal separate storm sewer system program including inspections and modeling and supports stormwater and water quality capital improvement projects
- Exercises initiative, sound judgement, courtesy and tact when explaining codes and requirements to developers, contractors, engineers, property owners and residents
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of five years of work experience in stormwater plan review or related field or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of South Carolina is preferred
- Must have certification as a South Carolina Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer, complete the South Carolina Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector training within six months of hire, and complete defensive driving training and National Incident Management System 700a and 100b within 90 days of hire
Pay info: Dependent on experience
How to apply: For a full job description and application instructions, visit www.townofbluffton.sc.gov.
The Town of Bluffton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.