Position hours: Full-time position, 40 hours per week
- Performs manual labor for the installation of gas services to residential, commercial and industrial customers; repairs damaged lines; checks for gas leaks; and digs up line and repairs leaks when necessary
- Assists in the installation of main gas lines and service lines; ensures line is placed correctly and safely; and purges new lines of air and debris
- Installs tie-ins to connect new lines to existing lines, installs shut off valves, taps into lines under immediate gas pressure and performs electrical fusion on plastic pipe
- Electrofusion certification
- High school diploma or GED and one to two years of work experience
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
How to Apply: All applicants must apply online at www.fountaininn.org. Applications are only accepted for open positions. Only complete, online applications will be considered. No phone calls.
The City of Fountain Inn is an "at-will" employer, meaning that either the employer or the employee may end the employment relationship at any time for any or no reason.