The Municipal Association of South Carolina seeks well-qualified and results-oriented candidates with a proven record in downtown revitalization, community or economic development for the position of manager and state program coordinator for the Main Street South Carolina program which supports 18 MSSC communities.
MSSC is a comprehensive revitalization program that promotes the redevelopment of traditional business districts in South Carolina using the National Main Street Program's community-based Four-Point Approach.
- Serves as the state coordinator and is responsible for planning, managing and directing activities of the Main Street SC program including a state-wide strategy to empower local main street programs to develop realistic goals, establish priorities, implement strategies, and evaluate and assess progress
- Travels frequently in-state and occasional out-of-state; reports to the deputy director of the Municipal Association of SC for education, training and technical assistance
- Desired qualifications include, but are not limited to, a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in downtown revitalization, community development or economic development
- Must possess South Carolina driver's license
- A bachelor's degree in architecture, historic preservation, finance, marketing, urban planning, public administration or related field. A master's degree and proven track record in downtown revitalization preferred.
Pay Info: Competitive salary and excellent benefit package including South Carolina state retirement.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: February 2
The Municipal Association of SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.