Codes/Zoning Official, City of Walhalla
Position Category: Code Enforcement
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some work on weekends
- Performs enforcement of the municipal ordinances and state laws as needed, with a primary focus on the immediate public safety and health of the residents of the City of Walhalla and provides code enforcement services to the City of Westminster by contract
- Receives and reviews all applications for zoning permits; performs zoning compliance checks; issues certificates of zoning compliance and zoning permits; collects appropriate fees; and arranges and participates in planning commission and board of zoning appeals
- Performs related duties as required
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license
- Have working knowledge of city zoning ordinances, health codes and some knowledge of principles and practices of city planning; general knowledge of health codes and their application; successfully complete zoning official training and continuing education requirements set forth by South Carolina statutes; two years of experience in code enforcement, planning, zoning and government relations; or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in all types of situations and proficient use motor vehicle, phone, camera, copy machine, fax machine, and personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheets, database software and internet
Pay info: Dependent on qualifications
How to apply: Applications are available at City Hall, 206 N. Church Street, Walhalla, SC 29691. Return application and resume to the address above. For a complete job description visit www.cityofwalhalla.com.
Deadline: January 31
The City of Walhalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer.