Codes Enforcement Supervisor, City of Sumter
Position Category: Code Enforcement
- Supervises a team of officers tasked with investigating and enforcing the city's property maintenance code
- Works closely with the codes enforcement manger to assist in the city's efforts to implement its enforcement mission related to zoning, abandoned and unsafe buildings, junk, waste, weeds, blight and other codes related to quality of life
- Processes complaints, makes field investigations, maintains files, writes notices and summonses, and testifies in court
- Associate degree in business, criminal justice, public administration or related field with at least five years of experience in a field with a high degree of public interaction or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Must have at least five years supervisory experience
Pay info: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience with an excellent benefits package
How to apply: To download an application, visit www.sumtersc.gov. Mail resume with cover letter and completed application to City of Sumter, Human Resources, 21 North Main Street, Sumter, SC 29150.
Deadline: Open until filled
The City of Sumter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.