Court Administrator, Town of Summerville
Position Category: Courts
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5p.m., Monday through Friday, with some after hours
- Performs professional, supervisory and administrative work in managing the municipal court; oversees court proceedings and coordinates with judges; and serves as a liaison between judges, staff, other departments, town administrator, etc.
- Directs nonjudicial functions, business and revenue of the court; assists with trial diversion programs; maintains records; records dispositions in courtroom on ticket and in computer; supervises chain of custody with tickets and warrants; oversees driver's license suspensions and issues bench warrants; oversees annual ticket audit and annual reporting to court administration; and prepares and reviews required reports for submission to state, court administration, state budget and control board, and the town
- Prepares and reviews monthly reports; distributes monies collected; supervises staff; assists appointed municipal judges and police officers; maintains and logs search warrants; prepares and monitors budget; orders supplies; handles safety issues; remains abreast of the current laws, ethics, computer software and trial programs; communicates directives, laws, operation procedures and changes to judges and staff; implements changes in laws; assists with the expungements process; develops judicial schedules for court sessions; recommends and implements ways to improve the court; and ensures compliance with state and local regulations and requirements
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business/public administration, court management, criminal justice or related field and one to two years of office management with supervision of personnel experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability
- Must have successfully completed required courses and certification(s) as deemed necessary by the town
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver's license
Pay info: $44,357 – $62,101 depending on qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.summervillesc.gov/employmentopportunities. Send completed application, resume, salary history and references to Town of Summerville, Human Resources Department, 200 South Main Street, Summerville, SC 29483.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Summerville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or genetics. If you believe you have been discriminated against for any of these reasons on consideration of your application, notify the Town of Summerville, Human Resources Manager, 200 South Main Street, Summerville, SC 29483. It is also your right to notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, or any appropriate local or state agency of your complaint.