Deputy Administrator – Community Services, Dorchester County
Position Category: Administration
- Serves as the deputy administrator of community services
- Provides direct assistance to the county administrator and county council in public safety, communications, planning and zoning, and code enforcement matters, including those related to animal control and environmental enforcement; ensures the provision of reliable and affordable emergency and nonemergency communications and the provision of reliable and affordable transportation for county personnel; and coordinates special projects
- Assists the county administrator in implementing council-approved and administrative policies related to community services to promote public safety and welfare of county residents, businesses and visitors
- Requires a bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, management, planning or a related field supplemented by at least five years of local government management experience in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities (master's degree in a related field preferred)
- Requires more than five years of public sector managerial experience and experience with budgets
- International City/County Management Association Credentialed Manager certification preferred
Pay info: $96,915 – $145,373 annually
How to apply: Apply online at www.dorchestercounty.net.
Deadline: Open until filled
Dorchester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the county to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.