Parks, Recreation and Tourism Director, City of Conway
Position Category: Parks/Recreation
- Oversees plans and directs the activities and personnel of the parks, recreation and tourism department; plans, develops, evaluates, implements, adjusts and guides programs and facilities to meet the growing and ever-changing recreational needs of residents and visitors; oversees the utilization of city parks and conservation properties to enhance active and passive recreational opportunities; directs tourism programs and activities; prepares and oversees departmental budgets; proactively uses vision, insight and planning capabilities to broaden and improve comprehensive parks plan, conservation properties and recreational opportunities for the residents of Conway
- Attends and participates in city council meetings, staff meetings, budget retreats, committee meetings and other opportunities to gain advantages for the department; manages the parks, recreation and tourism department, including hiring, training, assigning and evaluating employees
- Formulates and enforces safety standards and operational procedures; serves as internal project manager for new recreation construction and large contracts; coordinates efforts for city officials and city staff with local, regional and state agencies; performs related task as required; and reports directly to the city administrator
- A minimum of five years of work experience in a similar field, including administrative and supervisory components, and experience in developing, enhancing and maintaining parks and recreational facilities, programs and activities is required. Experience with management of conservation property is desirable.
- Master's degree in parks and recreational management, public administration or related field is preferred; bachelor's degree in parks and recreational management or related field is required.
- Must live within the city limits or reasonable proximity or be willing to relocate inside the city limits within six months of employment and must possess or obtain a driver's license valid in South Carolina
Pay info: $71,815 annually
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to download an application, visit www.cityofconway.com. Submit application and resume to Lynn S. Smith, Human Resources Director, PO Box 1075, Conway, SC 29528.
Deadline: Open until filled
The City of Conway is a drug-free and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.